Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
MegaCynics :: Taxing Tales
  • Well, actually... /Comic Book Guy voice whilst pushing up invisible glasses

His name was never Adam. The crew at Disney Animation never gave him a name; they always just called him The Beast. The name "Adam" came from some third-party CD-ROM that has other errors in it; Disney licensed it but didn't (or couldn't) fact-check it.

The rest of the comic makes sense, though. Apparently in the movie there's supposed to be a reference to the Enchantress making the outside world forget about him. Maybe the villagers stopped paying taxes once nobody came to collect them, and nobody else realized there was a tax problem to worry about because they forgot there was a prince there. Or maybe the Prince is just a minor noble and there's a bigger noble around to collect the taxes.
  • Oh, my gosh. In all my years of watching that film this never occurred to me, & I'm usually all over plot holes. Mind has been blown. :D